It's a long entry. Please be prepared. Hahaha.
After working in my current company for 3 weeks, you will find out that there are some candidates who really anger you!!!
I was so pissed off with one of my candidates yesterday. Apparently, we address those who are looking for jobs as candidates.
There was this particular guy who called me almost everyday to questioned me after i interviewed him.
He will ask, " So how is it on your side? Are there any suitable jobs for me?"
I was so vexed by his constant rantings that i decided to find him a job quickly.
Finally, there was a customer service job for Starhub at Vivo City. They are paying $7 a hour and it's a 5 day work week job. However, the staff will be required to work during weekends.
I told him all the details of the job and he was okay with it. I then arranged an interview for him. I got to be frank that i didn expect him to get the job AT ALL. First, he was from China. (But i got to admit that his command of English was rather fine) Next, he has a nerdy look. Third, he has a bad fashion sense. This will all deter him from getting the customer service job.
However, i really got a shock of my life when the client called. They actually selected him out of the 5 candidates they had interviewed.
OMG!!!!! I was actually pinning my hopes on another candidate whom i had arranged for an interview too.
Of course, I arranged for him to come down to sign the contract the very next day. Of course, he agreed to the job over the phone.
THEN........
HE CALLED ME YESTERDAY TO REJECT THE OFFER!!!!
WTF!!!!!!!
THE REASON WAS HE FELT THAT HE WASN COMFORTABLE WITH THE BURNING OF HIS WEEKENDS.
WTF!!!!!!
I was so annoyed! I asked him, " You shld know about the working hours during the interview. Furthermore, I already informed you about it over the phone before you went for the interview. If you are not comfortable with it. You shldn have gone down for the interview or you could have at least rejected the offer yesterday when i called you!!'
PLEASE PEOPLE!!! LISTEN TO HIS REASON!!!!!!
" You called me just half an hour after the interview. I was in the MRT. I couldn decide properly. It was just half an hour!!!!!"
WTF!!!! HE WAS FROM RJ OKAY!!!
I was really really furious then.
" What do you mean by you cant decide after the interview? You are from a top school and now you are telling me you cant even decide? How do you expect me to answer to my client. You already gave your verbal promise and the client is expecting someone to start work on Monday!"
"Darren, I am really sorry but i got to reject you offer. You need to know. Such things do happen."
FRIENDS, GET READY FOR THE ULTIMATE!!!!!!!!!!!
"DARREN, THE VOLCANOS IN ICELAND ALSO ERUPT ANYTIME!!!!!!"
WTF!!!!!!!
What sort of reason is this!?!?!
Anyway, i was so pissed off by him till i couldn concentrate on work the whole afternoon.
Darn shit. Darn cheena poks.
Got to rush off for tuition. Updates soon.
2 comments:
THE VOLCANOES IN ICELAND ALSO ERUPT ANYTIME?! That's funny.
At that moment, I really didn know whether to laugh or to be mad!!
Post a Comment