You can just skip this entry if you are tired of me blasting Mediacorp. Hahaha.
I am now watching 《义海豪情》 and it's just too marvellous! The plots of Hongkong dramas are really unpredictable and you will just cant stop after you watch a few episodes.
Actually, I am always criticizing Mediacorp's drama because I really hope that they can improve. I am not criticizing just for the sake of criticizing. I really hope to see improvement in the production of local dramas. Actually, I feel rather sad that standards of local dramas are getting from bad to worst.
I just feel like writing this entry even though it may be lame. Hahaha.
Imgine we are at a press conference. Hahaha.
At the Press Conference,
Qn: Your stars are plagued with really bad acting skills leh. Many of the young stars dont attend drama classes before they start acting on tv. Actresses like 向云 and 陈丽贞 act really well because they were required to attend speech and drama classes before they can even act in any dramas last time. Why now dont have. Can send your 旗下的艺人 to acting, speech and mandarin classes or not?
Ans: Cannot la. Our company main aim is just to earn money. As long as you look good, you can just be the lead actor or actresses of the drama. Like Elvin Ng. we just cast him as the lead actor for many dramas. Nvm one la. They will learn as they act ma. Hahaha. Now, all the stars all leaving because we cut their pay. Haiya, now, we also dont have a lot of productions. If 爱 can take up the 7pm slot for so long, it means that we cut down on our production by a lot. So that is why we dont need so many actors and actress.
Qn: Where is our 古装剧? I thought we used to have 神雕侠侣 and 济公活佛. I still can sing the theme song of 济公活佛 leh. 我是谁,谁是我,谁能如我快活!
Ans: Oh, lack of budget la. You need a lot of effect to create the bombing effects, you know! Still must 拉队 to China for the whole production Very ex, you know! Production budget too high liao la. Singaporeans dont understand this kind of 古装剧 one la. And still need 武术指导, 替身 and many 加利菲 leh! Somemore, who can write this kind of scripts now. Tell you huh, those who can write such scripts all went back to HongKong le. Just 拍现代剧 la,然后let the aircon, soap or shampoo product appear in the show. 又赚钱又便宜! Best ma!!!
Qn: Then where is our 时代剧?Can have some dramas like 出路 again?
Ans: Hiayo, 影视城 already tear down liao. That time, also nobody can write such scripts so we just tore down the whole 影视城 lo. Now, we must 拉队 to Malaysia to 拍摄. All the props must reflect the 年代,still must do 历史考察. Dont want la. Waste of money leh. Somemore, who can write these kind of scripts now. 洪荣狄 took a few years to write 小娘惹 then got this kind of 效应 leh. The 当我们同在一起 also didn get the same 效应,真的打错如意算盘 lo. Thought Jeanette Ow after that show can get more endorsements like Osim and Sakura buffet, then we can 抽成 ma!!!
Qn: Where is our 环境剧?We used to enjoy 播音人 so much last time.
Ans: Dont need la. Now, nobody can write such scripts too. And on sat and sun, just let 爱 air for 3 hours la. Then also can air some 商家赞助的节目 like the Sheng Siong show. Hahaha. I tell you hor, the 食谱满人间 coming up again. Just let these variety shows occupy those time slots la. Still can earn money then also dont need to 拍those 环境剧. Anyway, Singaporeans only have one tv station ma. They dont watch us. Who they watch!!!
Qn: Then can at least have better 现代剧 right? Hongkong also got 溏心风暴,现代剧 also can be very interesting.
Ans: Haiya, those who can write well all want a lot of money. We cant afford to pay them. You know how much the scripts writers are getting now or not. Very little leh. So we cant attract better script writers. Now anyhow anyhow also can what. Singaporeans just watch anything de. I tell you hor, something very funny leh, the 同心圆 hor, they complain so much hor, also got more than 1 million viewers leh!!! Hahaha. Lame hor!!!!
Qn: Why are your variety shows so 无聊 now?
Ans: Hahaha. Why got 无聊. We 怀念过去leh, after more than 10 years, we still have 成人新杂志. we 炒冷饭 also can 越炒越香, you know! Now so modern liao hor, 21st century liao, we still let the host just memorise the scripts and just say them out. Then let the host like Kym Ng, Brian Wong and Quan Yi Feng role play!! Hahaha. Darn 九零年代风格 hor. People think we 江郎才尽. No no no, we 集思广益 then think of this kind of idea leh. 缅怀过去~!!! And we have a lot of 商家赞助的节目. Like the BioSkin Auntie Lucy 要你好看 and a lot la. Anyway, it's okay if the viewers are complaining. Our company monopoly leh!! And last time, when the other Media---dunno what works around that time, we lost a lot of money. Now, we must earn all back~~~and make up for all that we have lost!!!
Qn: Heard that viewership of your dramas dropping now leh? How are you going to revive the ratings?
Ans: Oh, viewership drop because we now got the catch up tv. You know! The one that you can view our dramas for free at our website. So that is why ppl dont have to go home to catch the drama ma. Hahaha. Not because our drama become lousier. Anyway, I tell you hor, last time, we got the Mobtv thingy right. People must pay to view our drama that thingy, you remember. Hahaha. But very little people subscribed leh!!! Hahaha. So we thought of a clever idea. Make it into like youtube like that. People can watch our past dramas and variety shows for free. Then will have more viewership. Then can put advertisement before every show ma. Hahaha. Clever hor. Earn money leh.
Hahaha. This entry may sound very lame to you but I really enjoyed writing this entry. Felt so glad that I can 酸 them in a 反讽 manner. Hahaha.
Actually, i think many people actually share my thoughts but
Why watch the TV when you always complained that the show is bad.
OMG! Please dont do that. The viewership of Mediacorp dramas are already dropping. Switch off your televisions if you really dont like watching the drama. We have a choice. This will send a message to them.
Anyway, I tried explaining the term 皇帝 to my tuitee quite some time ago. I was like telling him 你有没有看电视,电视每次都有,皇上驾到,有没有看过? I thought I explained so well but my tuitee just merely looked at me and shake his head.
OMG! I forgot. We only have family dramas now!!!
6 comments:
Those "answers" are not by Mediacorp right?
Omg. Meiqing! You think they will give such answers! I am just writing the entry in a sarcastic way.
HAHA! mq! u're damn funny!
and jy, this entry really cracked me up! haha..."fan feng shou fa"! lol
Michelle, I am so glad that you find it funny. I thought all will find it lame. Please recommend this entry to your sister. Hahaha.
haha! my sis read alr la! stop asking me to ask my sis to read la! lol
Did you sister find the entry funny? Hahaha.
Post a Comment