Monday, December 27, 2010

Goodbye Singapore. Hello Thailand

I will be heading to Thailand in just less than 18 hours time.

Apparently, many of my friends think that I am going to Bangkok but I am actually going to Hat Yai instead. Haha. Hat Yai is a city in southern Thailand near to the boundary of Malaysia. It is home to a small but significant Chinese population, Muslim Malays and of course, the Thais. Malaysians and Singaporeans make the bulk of the tourists there.

My cousin who has been to Hat Yai once told my mother that there are many things to buy there but I doubt so. Thus, my mum is really excited and she brought many bags along with her. Hahaha. I tried searching for Hat Yai on the web but there are limited information.

Anyway, Hat Yai was once threatened by terrorists attacks.

According to Wikipedia

"Being a economic center of the lower Southern Thailand, Hat Yai became a target of terrorism in a separatist campaign, running by Pattani United Liberation Organization. Several bombings were launched in Hat Yai and nearby area.

On April 3, 2005, two bomb attacks at a Carrefour department store and Hat Yai International Airport were made by separatists. The attacks killed two people and injured dozens.

On September 16, 2006 a series of bomb attacks killed four people and injured over 70. Although no one claimed responsibility for the attacks, local separatists are suspected."

Friends, please see to my funeral if I cannot return safely. Hahahaha. Please do check my gpa for me too. Burn me my results slip. I want to know how I fared this time. Hahhaa.

Anyway, these are some of the things that I cant do without when I go for my holiday this time round.


Torn slippers. I need it to walk around in the hotel. I will get a new slipper in Thailand!!!



Thai Baht.


Handphone and Ipod.Handphone is a must because I can still remain contactable even if I am lost. The songs from my Ipod will kill my boredom during long rides to the destination.

Furthermore, there is also a Thai song in my ipod and I have already practised the song at home. Hahhaa. I will sing the song to the aunties there if they refuse to lower the price of their items. Hopefully, this will make bargaining much easier. Haha. This song is extremely popular in Thailand and I believe pop culture is always the tool to easy communication!!!

I think this song is rather nice. The singer has a powerful voice.

Skin products and lip bum. I dont think I need to explain why I need them!!! Hahhaa.


My combined luggage with my sister. Apparently, we are only checking in 1 luggage in order to save money.

Okay, friends. I will be back in 5 days time. I will celebrate my new year in Hat Yai.

Okay, i wont forget what you guys want me to get!!!!!

Photos from Wikipedia: The Sight That I Will See In Hat Yai, Thailand.



I will get to experince the tuk tuk. WOo~!!!

Bye.

3 comments:

Melvin said...

seems like fun. enjoy!

Mei Qing said...

Happy New Year :D

Anonymous said...

buy ambien online ambien for sleep - ambien drug dosage