Saturday, September 29, 2012

An Entry About My Teeth

I finally took my braces down!!
 
It has been a really really long process. It took my a total of 2.5 years. Actually, I wasted half a year in Taiwan because I went for my exchange.
 
 To be honest, I really dont regret my decision to get my braces. In fact, I am always encouraging my friends to get their braces done too. It's so important to have a good smile!
 
Many of my friends from University love to ask if my teeth were really crooked before I had my braces. Yeah, it was really really bad. One particular tooth was bulging out.
 
This was because I didn had the courage to remove my shaking teeth while this particular tooth was growing out. As a result, that shaking tooth obstructed the growth of this tooth and this tooth just came out crooked.
 
Ever since, I had the problem of a bulging crooked tooth.
 
 
Yeah, this was me in Secondary 3.
 
Yes, I know my bulging tooth aren scariest part of me. Hahaha. What was wrong with my hair?!?! I looked so tanned when I was 15! Hahah.
 
I knew that my teeth were really crooked and I really wanted to get my braces done. However, I just talked about it for a long time and still, I couldn pluck up my courage to have it done.
 
Finally, I ord and this fateful day, I was home watching this episode of 康熙来了. This episode really gave me the courage to get my braces done.
 
 
Throughout this episode of 康熙来了, they discuss all the joy and sorrows of the process of getting your braces done!
 
Please WATCH this video if you are still contemplating on whether if you should get braces!!
 
I watched this video 2 years ago and till today, I still remember them saying that your teeth will ONLY GET MORE CROOKED AS YOU GROW OLD!
 
This is so true!
 
Anyway, I recommended Melvin to watch the video and he went to see his orthodontist immediately. This video is really really convincing.  
 
 
Anyway, I extracted 4 teeth before I could have my braces on. Hahaha. And to be honest, that was the worst part throughout the whole process of having the braces. It was so so so painful when your orthodontist insert the Anesthetic into your gums. Tears just filled my eyes the needle was inserted into my gums! Hahaha.
 
I remember I first had my braces on in around June 2010. It was really really painful for the first 2 weeks. I couldn even eat prorridge. Having the braces on was already really painful. You could feel the stress and pain from the braces. However, the pain will start to be better after 2 weeks. Subsequently, you will only experience the pain whenever you get your teeth tightened!! Actually, you will actually feel rather glad when you feel the stress on your teeth because you know they are finally going to be in the right place!
 
 
 
This was me in the midst of getting my braces done.
 
Notice a slight gap in between my teeth! You are prone to get that while getting your braces done. This is just a process to get 2 front teeth to be in the center!
 
And now, I am finally done with it!




Just spend around $3700!
 
This amount is consider really cheap. My friends all spend around $4000 and more!! That is because I chose to visit a clinic in my neighbourhood.
 
Anyway, please make a visit to the dental if you are not having a nice set of teeth now!! Hahah.
 
Trust me, you wont regret!!!

5 comments:

yl said...

you finally updated your blog!! congrats

JiNG said...

i'm speechless...
it's AMAZING!!!

Jiayang said...

Yl: Hahah. That was lame!!

Tibbyliu:May I know who are you? Haha.

sinkai chua said...

likes!!!=)))

Landen Worley said...

I think those 2.5 years of wearing braces were all worth it after seeing your smile. And it’s good that you have no regrets about getting braces. I mean, the fact that you’re able to see the good in things is definitely going to work for you. Wearing one isn’t something to be embarrassed about. Just look at what happened to your teeth after you got your braces off! They are absolutely beautiful!