Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Published Article

Friends, my article is published in 《逗号》a month ago!!!

I didn know about it until i saw my cheque. Hahaha. Got little money for an essay that was around 500 words. Hahaha.

It was published so long ago till i couldn find the original copy of 《逗号》.

Thus, I decided to just email someone from 早报 and ask for a scanned copied of that page. In the end, that lady really replied!!!!

That was really kind of her.

Anyway, this is my published article.

For those who wish to read, this was actually what i wrote.

新公民

本地的新公民逐年增加,但一部分的新加坡人却一直不太能够接受这些新移民。其实,我想这是因为新移民会为我们带来很多的竞争。

其实,新移民所带来的竞争仅仅从这些年来的会考成绩已可看出。新移民无论在去年的小六会考,O水准或A水准成绩都是本地的状元。所以,这也难怪新加坡人无法接受新移民的心理。

其实,说到竞争,我也曾受到新公民在课业上所带来的竞争。我自小学以来便开始修读高级华文。随着我年龄的增长,我的班级里的新移民就越来越多了。到了高中,我的班级里竟有接近半数的新移民。我的华文程度与他们的相比,确实有着一定的距离。所以刚开始时,我的心里很不平衡。我觉得这样的竞争很不公平。我觉得这些新移民在剥夺我进入大学的机会。

但是,我渐渐地发现拥有这样的想法根本无济于事。因为,他们的存在已经是个不争的事实了。而且,今时不同往日,现今的社会已是个国际社会。在环球化的影响下,未来的我们只要一踏出社会,我们面对的竞争将不仅仅来自我们新加坡人,而是来自全世界。

所以,我欢迎比我跟聪明的新公民因为我会遇强更强。我不是不堪一击的草莓族!外面的世界风大雨大才更值得我胆怯。我会努力地打败你们。让我们来场公平的挑战吧!

Okay, i need to admit that this was not from the bottom of my heart!!!

Now, i cant write what i wish to write. I need to commercialised my articles because i want them to be published. Hahhaa.

Anyway, I am glad that both my tuitees improved and this means that they will continue their tuition!!!!!

I really need more money!!!!! Hahhaa.

Bye

2 comments:

Mei Qing said...

The mother just stopped my tuition too! I need money too! ROAR!

Jiayang said...

My tuitee's mother want me to tutor her child 8 times during the June hols. I am glad that i can earn more money for my braces treatment but I really cant speak well now. =(