Actually, I always wanted to comment about this.
Previously, we saw Tanya Chua and JJ Lin as our ambassador for the Speak Good Chinese Movement.
I thought they are still okay but i once saw Pierre Png in the Speak Good Chinese Movement ad. I thought that was indeed insane. Pierre Png has a really bad command of the chinese language. How in the hell can he appear in the ad!!! Hahaha.
All along, i think that this lady is a really really good choice.
She is

none other than Diana Ser.
If i didn remember wrongly, Diana graduated with a bachelor in Mass Communications.
We all know that she speaks English really well.
But do you guys know that she has a equally strong command of chinese too?
I think that she is the perfect role model!!! She is effectively bilingual!!
However, my friends told me that she comes from a rich family. The upbringing is different. Haha.
It's true to a certain extent but i still think she is the perfect ambassador for the Speak Good Chinese Movement!!!
Isn she what our government want us to be? To be equally strong in both of our languages.
9 comments:
Ya, I do think that she will be a good ambassador. Though Pierre Png's mandarin is not that good, but I think he improved tremendously over the years. So I think he should be on the ad.
His Chinese is still really very bad.
haha. but advertisements are scripted leh
- theresa
True. But just look at Pierre Png. Even with the scripts, his articulation, pronunciation of chinese words is still really bad. Hahhaa.
Diana Ser is different. Her intonation, articulation and pronunciation of the Chinese words is really good.
umm that means our definition of 'good command of a language' is different lor. whether or not it goes beyond the superficial aspects like intonation and pronunciation to those like conversational grasp of language etc.
haha. thought provoking though!
Hahaha...I agree that a good command of the language goes beyond the superficial aspects like intonation and pronunciation, but a good command of the language do includes these aspects.
Anyway, i hear Diana Ser speaking in Mandrain before. She has no problems conversing in Mandrain. Hahaha.
Do update soon! :D
Don't think too highly of urself.
Don't think too highly of yourself? You too anonymous :D
Post a Comment