Hello, Guys!!! I am back!!! It haS been almost a fortnight since i last blogged. SOme of my readers have been urging me to churn out entries. But i simply couldn. SChool is boring and i have been depressed recently. Ha..It isn entirely about results. Though i do admit that my maths results are worrying. Hahaz. I guess i have been severly hit by the "emo" wave. HAhaz..OKay!! Lame!!!
Anyway, this is just a boring entry. You can choose to leave if u really want to. But pls continue to visit my blog!! I will appreciate that greatly since i am now under Nuffnang!! HAhaz...
Hmm...I have found out why mIngmin's mum found me not that bad looking. Ha. This was because i have greeted her "auntie" when i saw her at the parent's meeting session. HAHaz...Being polite do earns u compliments. HAhaz...
Anyway, i have been really polite to many. But sometimes, addressing can be a chore.
Once, an aunite in her mid 30s was bargaining with MeiQing to sell her socks at a cheaper price. BEing kind, i thought i could give MeiQing some aid of mine. So i went, "Auntie, 你不要这样啦,我们星期天还要来卖袜子,你就让我们赚一点啦!"
She didn reply, but her husband beside her said, "Huh, 你说什么?"
I thought he couldn hear me properly, so i repeated myself. But he went, "Huh, 你说什么?" again.
Being really perceptive, i went, "Oh, 小姐,你不要这样啦,我们星期天还要来卖袜子,你就让我们赚一点啦."
This time, her husband was glad. He snapped, "幸好,你有改过来,不然我们连这个都不想买了啦!" HAHaz..I could only laugh.
Hmm..I cant say it's entirely her husband's fault. B'coz Meiqing do address most ladies in their thirties and forties as 小姐. But for me, i really cant bring myself to call some aunties 小姐. HAhaz. I really cant. Even if Zoe Tay comes to patronise my stall now, i bet i will still call her auntie if i didn knew she was the queen of the Caldecott Hill.
This is because i feel that after addressing someone as 小姐,it seems that "可以要你的电话吗" comes right after. HAhaz. And it sounds like a typical Ah BEng's slang. Hahaz...
Mum told me that i can call them 大姐 instead. HA. Not a bad idea. Shall try next time.
Okay, this is just a boring entry. Gonna update more when my life becomes much more interesting. Meanwhile, it's just too boring...HAhaz!!
Okay, bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment