Thursday, February 23, 2012

こにちわ Part 2

On the second day, I went to look for my Japanese friends after my tuition. 

Accompanied them to Arab street where we visited a Mosque. 


Learning more about Islam and Muslims through the Japanese explanations. 


The carpeted floor.




Sit on the carpets on the Mosque and I ask my friends to sit down for a HTHT talk. Hahha. Taught them the term HTHT too.



I taught them some Malay too. They now know Terima Kasih.

After visiting the Mosque, they went around shopping Arab street and I made them try Teh Tarik.

Naoto queuing up for it. 



They love the drink!!!

Went to Haji lane because they wanted to visit some special cafes and sit down for some cakes and coffees.


I think they love Haji lane much more than Bugis! 


They think that Haji lane is really beautiful. Got them to take photos along the lane.








We got someone to take a group photo for us and these 2 Caucasians came out of nowhere and joined us in our photo.

After taking the photos, we went to a cafe to rest our legs. Didn took any photos because I was seriously too tired! 

Food Appreciation Time -- Roti Prata and Hainanese Chicken Rice

I went around sourcing for food for them again!! Haha. Wanted to try more local food because I think that is probably the most interesting thing about Singapore. Before they had Roti Prata, they actually had Hokkien Mee. Naoto wanted them to try the noodles too because he thinks that the noodles are really tasty and he didn want them to miss out on that.



My Japanese friends seem to love our local food so much!! They love the curry and the prate.

And their verdict.....

They think that Hokkien Mee is the best! Hahha. 

Wanted to let them try Bah Kut Teh too but they were in a rush for time!

Brought them to the esplanade.



It is a must to see the Merlion in Singapore and thus, we were in the Merlion park! Haha. Once again, I didn take any more photos because my camera cant take nice night shots!!

Last but not least, we took a last photo together before they head back to their hotel to pack their luggages. 


My Japanese friends are only in Singapore for 2 days and I hope they really enjoyed their stay in Singapore. 

The Singapore Tourism Board should pay me some money man!!! I have been actively promoting Singapore to my overseas friends!!!

How I wish I can visit Naoto in Japan soon!!! I just cant find a good time to visit Japan because I dont wish to visit Japan in summer. I will prefer visiting in autumn or winter. I believe there will be more on offer during these 2 seasons. Summer will be boring!! I will probably love summer more because I can do more shopping! I hope to visit Japan in Oct which means that it will be autumn! Autumn is seriously the best time to visit a country because it's neither too warm or cold. However, I will be in the midst of my semester during that time. I can probably do something with my mid term break! Hahha. Winter will be too cold!! I dont wish to freeze to death! 

For now, I guess I will have to earn more money and save them all up for my travelling!!!


3 comments:

jeron said...

hahaha omg jy your japanese friends are so dramatic when it comes to posing for pictures!

Jiayang said...

Jeron: In what sense!!! HAHAH!!

ZW said...

Saying Hi! from NTU Chinese Library~