INSTEP=International Student Exchange Programme.
I wanted to go on an exchange very much and I worked really hard for it last semester.I am glad that I did okay last semester and it's now the application period for INSTEP.
However, I am glad that I had attended it because it provided me with lots of information that I had to know.
The moment I was handed the handbook, I went to search for the available Taiwan Universities!! Hahaha. I have always wanted to visit Taiwan so I guess this is a really good opportunity for me to tour the beautiful island while studying there.
Furthermore, I love hokkien songs!!!
I will most probably place National TsingHua University(国立清华大学) as my first choice because that University is only open to students from Chinese Studies. Thus, I should not be facing fierce competition. Hahaha.
A research on the National TsingHua University led me to their official website and this is the history of the school.
"National Tsing Hua University has a long and proud history.First established as the Tsing Hua Academy at Tsing Hua Garden in Beijing in 1911, the Academy was renamed as National Tsing Hua University in 1928 as its curricula expanded to that of a full-fledged university. In 1956, National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) was reinstalled on its current campus in Hsinchu, Taiwan.Since its reinstallation, NTHU has developed from an institute focusing on Nuclear Science and Technology to that of a comprehensive research university offering degrees programs ranging from baccalaureate to doctorate in science, technology, engineering, humanities and social sciences, as well as management. NTHU has been consistently ranked as one of the premier universities in Taiwan and is widely recognized as the best incubator for future leaders in industries as well as academics. Such stellar records are particularly exemplified by the outstanding achievements of our alumni, including two Nobel laureates in physics Dr. Cheng-Ning Yang and Tsung-Dao Lee, one Nobel laureate in chemistry Dr. Yuan-Tseh Lee and one Wolf Prize winner in mathematics Dr. Shiing-Shen Chern."
My Taiwanese friend has confirmed that the National TsingHua University is one of the top 4 schools in Taiwan.
There were also photos of their campus in their official website.
We are each given a total of 5 choices so I will be most probably be filling up the other choices with other Taiwan Universities. Hahhaa.
I hope everything goes fine because there are hell lots of admin stuff to handle before I can successfully go for my exchange. Given my poor IT skills and "blurness", I will most probably miss out some important documents when I submit my application.
If everything goes fine, I should be heading to Taiwan in July.
However, I dont know why I have an intuition that this is a bad year for me.
观音妈, please help!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment