Saturday, January 22, 2011

Plain Stupid

I went shopping at ION for my new year clothes a few days ago.

Somehow, I saw a shirt that I liked from NewLook. I seldom shop at NewLook but I just happen to find something there that day.

I was about to pay for my stuff at the counter when the salesgirl suddenly stopped me.

Okay, she wanted to persuade me to be their member.

"Sir, you have already spend around $33 in our shop. You just have to spend $60 more to get our membership card. Furthermore, after you signed up as our member, you will be given a $50 voucher. So this means that you only spend $10 for the membership card. Furthermore, you will get 10% off future purchase and 20% off during your birthday month. You can also use this membership card at Levis."

Sounds reasonable huh!

However, I didn agree to applying for their membership and we proceed to the counter.

The salesgirl didn stop and she carried on.

"Sir, you dont waste this good chance. We are only having this promotion this month because of the Chinese New Year. You only spend $10 to get the membership card. We will get you a $50 voucher."

Under her constant ramblings, i finally agreed to signing up for the membership.

OMG!!!!

I found out that I was conned right after my purchase!!!!!

"You only spend $10 for the membership. " This was what the sales girl kept repeating.

Sounds right and reasonable but HELL NO!!!!!

I have to pay $60 for the membership and even though I will get a $50 voucher back, that meant that I am now forced to spend $50 more in my next purchase!!!!

OMG!!!!! Furthermore, i dont usually shop at NewLook or Levis!!!!

Darn!! I am a little pissed off with myself. Impulsive buying!!!!!

No comments: